Go to the Deerfield.com web site!
FAQ  | Search  | Register  | Log in  
d2g.com domain down all day

Deerfield.com Forum Home -> DNS2Go Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiVolt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: d2g.com domain down all day Reply with quote

Anyone have issues with the d2g.com domain being down all day today (Tuesday Oct 18, 2011)?

The DNS2GO client is in the disconnected state most of the time, but once in a while it will connect for some time, but the domain is still unaccessible.

Any help would be appreciated!
miker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: System Announcement Reply with quote

Our Data Center is experiencing a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack.

During this time access to the DNS2Go and Email Routing Services may be sporadic and inconsistent.

We are working with the Data Center to resolve the issue and to put processes in place to better manage this type of attack in the future.

Thank you, DNS2Go Support
frazierwa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an update on this outage? I am not getting mail via gmail since my MX records are not pointing to gmail any longer.... can't receive any email at all?

Any status updates would be appreciated.
HiVolt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! I hope it's all cleared up by tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Smile
frazierwa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if the problem I am experiencing is due to the outage they are experiencing.

I understand that dns2go name resolution is affected, but does this outage also explain my problem getting mail via my Gmail account due to MX records not available?

Outages are understanable.... but lack of communication about the outage makes the situation much worse.

PLEASE DEERFIELD SUPPORT.... PLEASE PROVIDE SOME INFORMATION!!!
miker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: DNS2Go Service UPDATE Reply with quote

Service Update October 18, 2011 8:00PM Eastern.

The DNS2Go engineers are continuing to work with the Data Center engineers to resolve the issue. DNS2Go service continues to be sporadic and inconsistent.

DNS2Go email and redirector services are also impacted as a result of the DDOS attack.

We apologize and thank you for your patience while we combat this malicious attack.

Regards,
frazierwa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about another update?

This situation is being handled very poorly. You seem to have no regard for your customers in terms of the impact this outage has caused. You haven't told us about the various impacts which wastes our time troubleshooting and you haven't provided regular updates.

Is Deerfield closing up shop?
miker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: DNS2Go Service Update Reply with quote

Service Update October 19, 2011 9:30AM Eastern.

The DNS2Go Data Center remains under a Distributed Denial-of-Service Attack (DDOS). Our engineers have been working around the clock in an attempt to rectify this issue and are making progress. We expect service to be fully operational later today including all mail and redirection services. In addition, security measures are being taken to better manage this type of attack in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you or your company.

Developments will be posted here as well as to the Deerfield.com home page.
HiVolt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be working again, at least DNS2GO redirection... Lets hope it stays this way.
miker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

An update from Deerfield.com regarding the DNS2Go service.

Service has been restored.

Your DNS2GO Client software should reconnect automatically. If your client software has not reconnected please attempt to "manually" connect. Double-click the DNS2Go software and select the "Status" tab. The DNS2Go Service Connection will indicate "Connected" or "Disconnected" from DNS2Go Service. Select the "Connect" button if not connected. Several connection attempts may be required as a large number of users are attempting to connect.

Additional DNS2Go services including Redirection and Email Routing are back online as well. Email Routing customers should begin to see delivery of their email over the next several hours.

A statement from Deerfield.com and additional information regarding the outage will follow.

Thank you for you patience.
HiVolt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it works for some people connecting to my server and not for others. DNS slowly propogating I guess after the failure.
Deerfield.com Forum Home -> DNS2Go Support View previous topic :: View next topic