Go to the Deerfield.com web site!
FAQ  | Search  | Register  | Log in  
Outlook 2003 and UID and IMAP Standard

Deerfield.com Forum Home -> VisNetic MailServer Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvoirol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Outlook 2003 and UID and IMAP Standard Reply with quote

I am receiving a message when I start Outlook 2003 as follows:

Your server has reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAP standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this.

If I go to the Details button:

MsgSeqNum 104, New UID 4. Prev UID: 970, Next UID: 0.
Protocol: IMAP
Server: mail2.mcs-wireless.com
Port: 143

I have removed the account and set it up again, (as per MS KB 294779) and I get the same error. I also removed the Outlook profile and set it up again, same problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?
jvoirol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: I Fixed it. Reply with quote

It seems that the problem is a corrupt imapindex.dat file in the users inbox folder on the server. I moved the file and it created a new one when I opened Outlook that was not corrupt. I no longer receive the message and everything seems to work OK.
abalto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about when this happen over and over? Any permanent fix to keep this from happening?
Deerfield.com Forum Home -> VisNetic MailServer Support View previous topic :: View next topic